Today I am sharing a recipe we used on Election Day for
homemade pizza. I made the dough myself (without yeast!) and used store bought
sauce/cheese/toppings, so I’m not sure how homemade it really was but it was
delicious! It came out a little thick since I didn't have a proper rolling pin to flatten it with, but it tasted really good. Not heavy at all, not crispy or doughy, just perfect. My next pizza project will be making my own homemade pizza sauce.
Ingredients:
2 ½ Cups of Flour
2 ¾ tsp Baking Powder (If you’re using Baking Soda instead like I
did, use half this amount and no salt.)
1 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Oil
¾ to 1 Cup of Water
Pizza Sauce (We used marinara)
Cheese (Mozzarella makes the most sense but we used cheddar
since it was all we had)
Toppings (We used pepperoni, feel free to use anything you’d
like)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees.
- First mix dry ingredients, then mix in wet ingredients. Form this into a ball and knead for 3-4 minutes on a floured surface.
- Roll it out. I didn’t have a rolling pin and this was slightly difficult using a water glass. It still worked, just took awhile and I didn’t get it as thin as I would have liked.
- Add your sauce, cheese and toppings.

Thanks a lot for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteLove making homemade pizza! In my mind, the dough is the biggest part, so if you do that at home then it counts!!
ReplyDeleteDefinitely! This dough is actually really good too!
ReplyDelete