Two quick tips today!
Tip #1: Weaving bacon. This works well if you are making a BLT, or my French Toast Sandwiches that I will be posting soon! This way the bacon evenly coats the sandwich and it doesn't try to pull a whole strip out when you take a bite.
In this picture I had 3 pieces of bacon for the top right square, I cut them all in half and then set three strips vertically on the pan. Then I weaved in the other three horizontally with the top and bottom strips: under, over, under. And the middle strip: over, under, over. Worked very well!
Tip #2: How to bake bacon! I originally heard that you should do this with a cookie cooling rack on a cookie sheet, the idea being that the grease drips off of the bacon and into the pan so your bacon is not cooking in it's own grease like it would on the stove. I didn't have a cookie cooling sheet so I just used a broiling pan and it worked very well!
The bacon came out the perfect texture, not floppy and not crispy or brittle still had plenty of flavor and wasn't dry at all. I put the oven on 350 degrees and put the bacon in (didn't wait for it to preheat.) It ended up taking about 20-25 minutes. I just made sure I checked it every 10 minutes so it didn't burn since it was my first time cooking it this way.
This is the bottom of the broiling pan after the bacon was cooked. That is A LOT of grease that didn't go into my stomach, so I am now a die hard fan of baking bacon.
Stay tuned for my French Toast Sandwich Recipe!


I love bacon but never thought of baking it. This makes a lot of sense and yea, who needs all that grease in our stomach??? Great post!
ReplyDeleteIt tasted just as good, and there was SOOOO much grease that we saved ourselves from eating!
ReplyDelete